Lately my mum and I are slightly obsessed with cooking and especially with trying out new recipes. As a professional food lover, I enjoy every moment of our little journey in the kitchen – and especially when it’s time to eat the creations! One of my favourite recipes so far is this tomato cream soup, which happens to be very easy to prepare.
Olive oil // Basil // Pine nuts // Parmesan cheese // 1 Union // Garlic // Cream // Diced tomato // Cherry tomatoes // Whipped cream // Salt & pepper to taste
1. First of all, you want to mix the pine nuts together with some olive oil. Chop the basil in a few pieces, and mix together with the pine nuts. After you stirred this a little, you want to use a food processor to create your homemade pesto. This will be added to the soup towards the end.
2. Chop the onion and garlic into pieces and fry them very briefly with some olive oil. Once the garlic and onion are slightly gold, add the diced tomatoes. Stir this until the tomatoes are melted. If necessary, you can add some water if this mixture turns out too be too thick. You also want to add your pepper and salt now!
3. Now it’s time to add your cream!
4. After you added the cream, you can add the cherry tomatoes. We cut them in half, just so we wouldn’t have chunky pieces in our soup. To make them ever softer, you can use a hand blender while cooking the soup.
5. Right before the soup is done, add your homemade pesto and stir it in.
6. You’re supposed to serve the soup with whipped cream on top, but we skipped this part. Somehow we were already very satisfied with the results and were afraid that the whipped cream would be a little too much.. Instead, we served the soup with some delicious bread!
Lots of Love,