Now that I have reached the age of international adulthood I thought it was only appropriate to share with you the wisdom I gained during these 21 years of life. Prepare yourself to be enlightened like never before! ;)
1. It is important to learn how to love yourself, which is most likely also one of the most difficult things we will ever learn to do.
2. Don't be afraid to say what you think, people are actually interested in your opinion rather than hearing the same opinion over and over again.
3. True friends will always find their way back to each other.
4. Always question information you're getting (from the news/social media). Ask yourself if this news is objective, if it tells the truth or just one side of the story.
5. Choose your battles wisely.
6. Don't waste your time and energy on people or things that don't deserve it.
7. Don't compare yourself to others, we are all unique.
8. Learn to have your own back, don't depend too much on others.
9. That being said, don't be scared to accept help when offered.
10. Accept that change is good, although it can be scary at times.
11. Dream big and work hard to achieve these goals, but...
12. Live in the moment and enjoy the journey towards achieving your goals as well.
13. Be grateful everyday that you wake up healthy and loved.
14. Seriously, we tend to be negative quite a lot but in these moments count the many blessings that you have every single day. It is so easy to forget how blessed we are sometimes.
15. Be kind.
16. But don't let people take advantage of that kindness.
17. Take good care of your body. They often say that your body is a temple and this is true, you only have one body and you have the sole responsibility to care for it.
18. Take good care of Earth/the environment. We also only have one planet (so far) that we can survive on, so be better care for it.
19. Find the right balance between being selfish and helping others. Too much of either will always cause problems; either you become too self-centred or you completely forget about yourself while being busy helping others.
20. Don't listen too much to what others have to say about you/your life/life in general. It is good to take advice once in a while, but in the end it comes down to whatever you think will be best for your life.
21. It's okay not to feel like an adult. I don't think anyone does? Being young at heart is what makes life fun after all!
There you have it, (most of) my precious wisdom gained throughout the years. Most of these points are pretty straightforward but tend to be quite hard to practise.
Please do share some of your advice in the comments below!
Lots of Love,