|'When someone tells me that an outfit doesn't look good on me'|
YouTube, I think it has grown to become the most visited website on the internet. Everyone has their own little community they can become a part of, watch and share videos on certain subjects they’re interested in. For me that would obviously be fashion and beauty. However I also love the entertainment videos from certain ‘YouTubers’.
After deciding to make a post about my favourite YouTubers, I thought that ‘Five Favourites’ could become a new monthly entry on this blog. It would basically be about me sharing five random things/people I’ve been liking that month. Would you like that?
So at first it was pretty hard to break my list down to only five people, since I’m currently subscribed to 50 channels… It’s crazy I know, but what can I do? I just love watching videos. After thinking for a while and watching a few videos to be 100% sure, I could make a final list.
Now before I’ll share them, let me just say that this list is mainly based on my preferences from last month so this could easily change in two months. What I’m trying to say is that I love everyone I’m subscribed to equally.
Now that that’s out of the way, here’s my list of five in no particular order:
1. Estée from Essiebutton; this girl never fails to make me laugh. A Canadian living in London will result in absolutely hilarious videos, I could binge watch her channels for days! I love her main beauty channel, she talks to the camera as if she's talking to her dearest friends. It always takes me a second to realise that I don't know her in real life, but she makes it seems as if her and her viewers have been friends for ages!
As much as I love her main channel, I have to admit that her vlogging adventures with her bf Aslan and their dog Reggie are hands down my favourite videos to watch on YouTube. The vlogs are a bit on the long side, but they never fail to entertain me. She’s the kind of girl that would be sitting in her PJs all day, talking to a camera about how she did something embarrassing in public. A girl after my heart. She also has an amazing blog.
2. Tanya Burr; the sweetest person you’ll ever meet (see). She’s genuinely such a lovely girl, I instantly fell in love with her character after watching one of her videos. She’s a professional make-up artist and has the best make-up tutorials you’ll find on the web. She makes everything look so easy! She recently launched her very own beauty brand called ‘Tanya Burr's Lips & Nails’. Besides beauty, she has a great amount of fashion and baking videos on her channel. Believe me, you’ll get hungry after watching her bake some brownies! Her vlogs are always so much fun as well, she’s friends with an entire group of British YouTubers who often appear in her videos. Double the fun! I wish I could be a part of that group, they always do so many great things together and never seem to have a dull moment. Have a look at her blog.
3. Lily Pebbles; always a great amount of beauty and fashion related videos. I love her style a lot, it’s edgy and feminine at the same time. She’ll give you great tips on how to wear a basic everyday make-up look, and most importantly how to look fashionable while staying comfy. She shares weekly vlogs which feature the more exciting moments of her week.
Her blog is definitely one of my favourites, she’ll share everything from a guide through London to how to redecorate your bedside table. Fellow YouTubers Anna and Amelia, are amongst her best friends and are often featured in Lily’s videos.
4. Jim Chapman; the only guy in this post. He’s actually Tanya’s fiancée and I love to consider them as the ‘Brad and Angelina’ of YouTube. Their relationship is just so adorable, they’ve been together for so many years and they literally complete each other. They make for such a beautiful couple. Jim’s videos aren’t about fashion of beauty, he shares the most hilarious challenges with fellow YouTubers, ‘#AskJim’ and his vlogs. His videos never fail to make me laugh, there will always be something extremely funny. Tanya often gets Jim to do little beauty rituals such as putting on a mask, which Jim will take pictures of with ridiculous captions. Definitely one to watch for a laugh! His sister's are actually the founders of the beloved Real Techniques brushes. Jim recently started his very own blog which also looks very promising.
5. Anna from ViviannaDoesMakeup; such a lovely girl. As mentioned before she’s friends with Lily and they often make videos together, they have an entire guide to becoming a beauty blogger and share monthly beauty chats. Anna is a natural beauty, who really doesn’t need any make-up at all but really loves the whole excitement behind the cosmetics world. All the girls mentioned are natural beauties, don’t get me wrong but with Anna I just never see a difference after she applies foundation? It could just be me… Her style is also one to envy, just like most of us comfort is key for Anna. Yet she never fails to look ‘put together’ and fashionable when going outside. My favourite videos are the ones of her capsule wardrobe, they make me question my own wardrobe choices… Also her baking videos never fail to make me very hungry. The reviews on her blog are always on point and make me want to buy so many products I probably don’t need.
Hope you liked this post! Let me know in the comments below if you love any of these YouTubers as well, or if you know other ones I'd love as well!
Lots of Love,